Solar energy will become a larger part of Ameren Missouri's energy mix by the end of 2014. In a move demonstrating our continued commitment to renewable diverse sources of energy, we're going to build the state's largest investor-owned solar energy center, O'Fallon Renewable Energy Center.
- Construction start: Late spring 2014
- Online: Delivering power to customers, Dec. 2014
- Generation: 5.7 MW, enough electricity to power 650 average-size homes
- Number of solar panels: More than 19,000
- Location: St. Charles County, O'Fallon, Mo.; adjacent to Ameren Missouri's Belleau substation
Artist's rendering of O'Fallon facility. Click image to enlarge.
Our Renewable Energy History
- 1913 our first hydroelectric energy center opened, Keokuk, Iowa. (more)
- 2010 roof installation of 100 kilowatts of solar photovoltaic technologies, St. Louis headquarters. (more)
- 2011 began offering solar installation rebates and incentives (1,800 over the last three years). (more)
- 2012 Maryland Heights Renewable Energy Center opened; turning "trash into energy." (more)