As a Fortune 500 regional energy provider, Ameren provides the energy that enables and enhances the quality of life, now and for the future. At Ameren, we see our commitments to sustainability as key to accomplishing our vision of “leading the way to a secure energy future” and to fulfilling our Focused Energy. For Life.
We define sustainability as ongoing efforts aimed at meeting the needs of the current generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. Sustainability requires us to carefully consider community betterment, environmental stewardship and financial strength - people, planet and profit
. We strive to continually support sustainable practices within financial and operating realities.
Our sustainability principles are aligned with our vision and strategic plan and are reflected in the following areas of focus:
- Workforce and customer safety
- Workforce engagement through the sustainability champion program
- Workplace and supplier diversity
- Employee volunteerism
- Economic development
- Expanded use of energy efficiency
- Customer programs
- Within Ameren facilities and resource management
- Efficient use of materials and resources, including recycling/recovery to minimize waste production
- Sustainable solutions in planning and procurement efforts
- Environmental compliance and beyond compliance where practical
- Compliance wit renewable energy legislation and support of appropriate renewable energy projects
- Transparency of our business policies and practices
- Ethical business practices throughout our operations
- Financial strength and flexibility
- Stewardship of investor capital
Ameren will maintain a Corporate Sustainability Council to provide leadership and help foster a culture that pursues these principles.