Community Action Agency
- The Cold Weather Rule (CWR) period will last from Nov. 1 to Mar. 31.
- Ameren Missouri will send a notice to customer at least 10 days prior to the date of service discontinuance. (Mail notices)
- Ameren Missouri will make attempt to notify the customer within 96 hours of the scheduled service discontinuance. Requirement met with outbound calls.
- Ameren Missouri will not make an oral representation of service termination on days designated to be “no cut” days.
- “No Cut” day defined as any day on which the National Weather Service local forecast between 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. for the following twenty-four hours predicts that the temperature will drop below thirty-two degrees Fahrenheit; or any day(s) where Ameren Missouri personnel are not available to reconnect service where the temperature is predicted to drop below 32° (over weekends or holidays). Requirement met - no cuts on Fridays or prior to holidays.
- All customers are eligible for a one-time Payment Agreement during CWR in accordance with the following criteria:
- 12% plus the average balance down
- Put on Budget Billing
- Deposit not assessed
- Balance of account setup on payment agreement (PAG) to be paid out over 12 months
- Late charges are not assessed on unpaid portion of the PAG balance
- If customer has defaulted on a prior CWR PAG, but has not yet been disconnected, he/she is allowed one reinstatement on the PAG by paying any missed payments.
- For gas or combo (gas and electric) accounts, if the service is off and the customer has already defaulted on a CWR PAG from that period, Ameren Missouri may require the lesser of 50% of the past due balance or $500.
- If the service has been disconnected for a second time during the CWR, Ameren Missouri may require 80% of past due balance to restore service.
- Registered low income elderly or disabled customers who enter into a CWR PAG will be allowed to retain service for the lesser amount of 50% of their actual bill usage for that billing period or 50% of their agreed-upon amount.
- All deposits are suspended during the CWR.
- Prior billed deposit installments are suspended during the CWR, and will reinstate following the period, unless the customer enters into a CWR PAG, then;
- The unpaid portion of an existing deposit is canceled once a customer enters into a CWR PAG.
For more information regarding the Cold Weather Rule, call Ameren Missouri
or the Missouri Public Service Commission