What Type of Assets Does Ameren Missouri Manage?
- More than 10,000 MWs of power generation
- Quick-start gas-fired generation - online in ten minutes
- A diverse mix of power generation
Ameren Missouri Wholesale manages more than 10,000 MWs of power generation across Illinois, Iowa and Missouri. This includes 1,200 MWs of gas-fired generation units that can be loaded and available online within ten minutes.
Because Ameren Missouri Wholesale’s plant operations are flexible, we have a strong position for handling ancillary services. Our generation is reliable and today provides energy to over 1.2 million customers.
Environmental Awareness Performance Recognition
- In 2005, Ameren Missouri’s coal-fired power plants had seven of the nation’s eleven lowest emitters of NOx among units that do not have selective catalytic reduction (SCR) or selective non-catalytic reduction systems installed, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) data. Learn more about Ameren’s commitment to deliver energy in an environmentally sensitive way.
- Six Ameren Missouri generating units were listed by the EPA in 2000 to be among the best performing coal-fired plants for low NOx emissions. Labadie Plant was number one.
- We received the Resource Steward Award from Missouri for leading the industry in converting oil containing polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) into energy and destroying the PCBs.
- Combustion byproducts, such as fly ash, are used in concrete production, cement, road construction and roofing products.
- Coal-fired plants like the Meramec Plant have used waste products as fuel. Ameren Missouri’s Meramec Plant was the first in the nation to turn paint solids into electricity.