ENERGY STAR® Certified Fixtures
The new standard for ENERGY STAR® certified lighting fixtures is to be hard wired and have a GU24 base.
What is a GU24 base?
Fixtures with a GU24 base cannot accept a screw in bulb ensuring only energy efficient bulb can be used.
Features of ENERGY STAR Certified Fixtures
- GU means the fixture is pin based. The pins have a flat end. When the bulb is twisted, it locks in place.
- 24 means there is 24 mm of space between the pins.
- Only uses 1/4 the energy of traditional lighting.
- Helps you save money on energy bills and bulb replacements, with bulbs that last at least 10,000 hours (about seven years of regular use).
- Allows light to be distributed more efficiently and evenly than standard fixtures.
- Comes in hundreds of decorative styles and options, such as front porch, dining room, kitchen ceiling and under-cabinet, hallway ceiling and wall, bathroom vanity fixtures, and more.
- Delivers convenient features, such as dimming on some indoor models and automatic daylight shut-off and motion sensors on outdoor models.
- Carries a two-year warranty - double the industry standard.
ENERGY STAR fixtures, Features of ENERGY STAR Qualified Fixtures, ENERGY STAR® lighting fixtures, ENERGY STAR lighting fixtures