Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
- Use 75% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Last up to 15 times longer than incandescents.
- Approach 80% efficiency, which means 80% of their electrical energy is converted to light energy. Incandescent bulbs operate at about 20% efficiency.
- Use less energy but still give the same light quality as a regular incandescent bulb.
- Have a dimmable option for most bulbs. Check packaging to be sure.
- Light up instantly.
How long will an LED bulb last?
An ENERGY STAR certified LED bulb can last 25,000 hours or about 23 years. Based on normal use, a bulb installed in a newborn's nursery won't have to be changed until college graduation!