The purpose of the Landlord Program is to provide uninterrupted service and automatic billing for rental property owners once Ameren is notified that a tenant is moving. Before enrolling in the Landlord Program, please review the following:
- The Landlord Program remains in effect for a minimum of one calendar year from the date your application is approved by Ameren, unless you sell the property.
- This Landlord Program contract covers only those addresses listed in the contract. It is the responsibility of the Landlord to notify Ameren to add or delete properties covered by the agreement. A written or online request is needed to add or remove properties from the Landlord Program.
- Enrollment in the Landlord Program does not prevent disconnection of the tenant’s service for nonpayment of utility service or disconnect for safety reasons.
- It is the responsibility of the Landlord to notify Ameren of any change of ownership, agent, mailing address or phone number.
- Ameren will not adjust billing on account(s) due to a conflict between the Landlord and tenant over occupancy dates.
- When both electric service and gas service are provided by Ameren at a premise, the agreement will cover both services.
- Cancellation of participation in the Landlord Program requires written notice by the property owner ten business days prior to the date required.
- Ameren is not bound by any written or oral agreement between an owner and a tenant.
Please read the Landlord Program enrollment agreement
carefully. On the Landlord Program property listing
, complete the following information for each rental unit:
- The applicable meter number and/or account number for the rental unit.
- The name(s) of the current customer(s) of record for the rental unit.
- The proper address of the rental unit with the apartment/lot number or letter.